Abrasive Wheels Training
Course Duration: 3 hours
Course Location: Gaskell Safety, 20 Granary Wharf Business Park, Wetmore Rd, Burton-on-Trent, DE14 1DU
Course Cost: £395 +VAT for up to 12 people
(This includes exam fees, textbooks, equipment ,teas and coffees)
Booking: Call 01283 777 074 to arrange a date and book your course.
Course Delivery: All courses can be held either at Gaskell Safety training facilities or at your premises.
The overall Aim of this course is to enable you to select, store, transport, mount, dress and use abrasive wheels safely.
Following successful completion of this course candidates will be able to:
- What your employer must do to protect your health and safety at work
- Your responsibilities for looking after your own health and safety whilst at work
- Your responsibilities for making sure that your actions at work do not compromise the health and safety of other people
- What you should do if you believe that anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk
This qualification will cover the following topics:
- Hazards and injuries arising from use and precautions
- Stone cutting and Silica dust
- Health problems
- Managing and reducing the risk from dust
- PPE and RPE
- HAVS – Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome
- Wheel markings
- Types of abrasive wheels
- Other accessories and attachments
- Wheel mounting procedure
- Safe use and refuelling
- Setting up bench and pedestal grinders
- Wheel fitting – Hand-held and bench / pedestal types
- Legal requirements, Inspection and pre-use checks
- Damage and contamination, wheel dressing and hired tools
- Storage and transportation
Delegates will be assessed via written and practical assessments. Successful candidates will be awarded with an abrasive wheels certificate.
Who Should Attend?
This Abrasive Wheels course is designed for all persons who use Abrasive wheels in their role at work.