ProQual Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Course Duration: This course has no set duration.
- Course Location: Gaskell Safety Training Centre, Burton-on-Trent
- Cost per Delegate: £1380
To book this course please contact us below!
Upon enrollment, we will introduce you to your assessor.
The assessor will induct you remotely and plan how you will gather the required evidence to complete the NVQ. Your assessor will regularly review you throughout the process. They will be available to support you if they are ever needed and will help to keep you on track to completion.
The NVQ course structure includes the following mandatory units:
- Developing procedures to control work operations safely
- Promoting a culture of health and safety in the workplace
- Ensuring responsibility for actions to reduce health and safety risks
- Monitoring procedures to safely control work operations
- Conducting a health and safety risk assessment of the workplace.
You will also have to gain the relevant amount of credits from the below optional units:
- Aiming to protect the environment through actions in the workplace
- Supervising the health, safety and welfare of a learner
- Evaluating and investigating health and safety complaints and incidents in the workplace.
- Reviewing health and safety procedures in the workplace.
To progress further, you should complete a higher level of health & safety qualification. If you are working in a managerial or supervisory role, a good next step would be to complete the IOSH Managing Safely course.
The time it takes to complete the NVQ is dependant on how quickly you can gather the relevant evidence. The qualification doesn’t have a set time limit and can be completed at your own pace.
The qualification will assess your competence in their current job role. Therefore you must be working in a health & safety-related role and above the age of 16 to complete the NVQ.
You will also need to provide a copy of your CV and have an appointed individual in your organisation provide witness testimonials to enrol. This is to establish if you are eligible for the course.
You will be assessed in the workplace by a range of methods, such as evidence generated from the workplace, witness testimonials, professional discussions, observations and written questions. Assessors carry out assessment calls via Skype throughout the process.
To pass the NVQ, you are required to complete each of the units by providing the relevant evidence. Once all of the units have been completed, the assessor will review the portfolio and provide any feedback. After you have responded to the feedback, the assessor will send the portfolio to an IQA who will have the final decision on if the NVQ is complete.