ProQual Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
- Course Duration: This course has no set duration.
- Course Location: Gaskell Safety Training Centre, Burton-on-Trent
- Course Cost: £2040
Once you have been enrolled on the course, you will be assigned an assessor.
The assessor will conduct an initial induction with you over a video call or by phone call. The induction is used to outline how you will gather all the evidence needed to complete the qualification. The assessor will regularly review your progress to ensure that you remain on track.
You will be assessed in their workplace by various methods, such as evidence generated from the workplace, professional discussions, witness testimonials, observations and written questions. Assessors carry out assessment calls via Zoom throughout the process. The course structure includes the following mandatory units:
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Implementing and developing effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Identifying, assessing and controlling health and safety risks
- Implementing and developing reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Developing and implementing health and safety review systems
- Implementing and developing the health and safety policy
- Maintaining and developing individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Developing and implementing proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Implementing and developing health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Maintaining knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety procedure
If you work in the construction sector as a manager with health & safety-related responsibilities, you can use this course to gain the Black Manager CSCS Card.
The Level 6 NVQ is the same level as a Bachelor’s Degree; it is a highly recognised qualification that holds a lot of weight when applying for health & safety roles.
The NVQ will also help you to gain progression opportunities within your work. The qualification will show your capability to your peers and clients and increase your reputation.
There is no set time limit to finish the qualification. The time it takes to complete the NVQ is dependant on how quickly you can gather the relevant evidence.
If you require to finish the NVQ quickly, you can work with your assessor to complete the units as soon as possible.
If you have a busy schedule, the flexible format of the NVQ allows you to arrange your assessments around your workload.
The qualification will assess your competence in your current job role. Therefore, to enrol, you must be the age of 19 or over and working in a health & safety-related role.
You are also required to complete a skills-based questionnaire and provide a copy of your CV. We complete this process to determine your eligibility.
We advise that you have an expert witness within your organisation (e.g. line manager) who can witness testaments throughout the process.
For more information about learner suitability to the qualification, contact the team via the contact form on this page. If we feel that you aren’t suitable, we will recommend an alternative.
To pass the qualification, you are required to provide evidence for every unit of the NVQ. When you have covered each unit, the assessor will examine the portfolio of evidence and provide any feedback, if required. Once the feedback has been responded to appropriately, the portfolio will go to the IQA. The IQA will decide whether the portfolio requires further evidence or if the course is complete.