Harness And Lanyard Inspection
Course Duration: 3 hours
Course Location: Gaskell Safety, 20 Granary Wharf Business Park, Wetmore Rd, Burton-on-Trent, DE14 1DU
Course Cost: £395 +VAT for up to 12 people
(This includes exam fees, textbooks, equipment ,teas and coffees)
Booking: Call 01283 777 074 to arrange a date and book for this course.
Course Delivery: All courses can be held either at Gaskell Safety training facilities or at your premises.
The purpose of training delivered against this standard is to provide candidates with a good understanding of the requirements of Harness Inspection
Following successful completion of this course candidates will be able to:
- Legal Requirements and Standards
- Establishing a Regime and Scope for Inspection
- Pre-use Checks
- Detailed Inspection
- Interim Inspection
- Examples of Defects and Damage
- Withdrawing Equipment from Use
- Maintenance and Replacement
- Putting Theory into Practice
This qualification will cover the following topics:
- Describe causes of accidents and how they may be prevented
- Describe different inspection regimes and application
- Describe Systems of Work relevant to harness inspection
- Explain inspection types
- Inspect lanyards and arresters
- Inspect securing points
- Inspect, record, remove or rectify unsuitable harnesses and equipment
- List legislation relevant to harness inspection
- Store harnesses correctly
- Use different techniques to inspect a range of equipment
- For the successful completion of this training, candidates must complete an end of course practical assessment and knowledge test that measures the learning outcomes and to ensure the Objectives have been met.
- The pass or fail criteria for the assessment and test is set at 70% for each
- Recommended Refreshers: HSE, other relevant codes of practice or industry card scheme criteria recommend that the candidate completes a refresher of Harness Inspection training every year to ensure their knowledge and/or skills are up to date.
Who Should Attend?
This Harness and Lanyard Inspection Course is designed for all persons using Harnesses and Lanyards within their role of work.