IOSH Managing Safely
Course Duration: 3 Days
Course Location: Gaskell Safety, 20 Granary Wharf Business Park, Wetmore Rd, Burton-on-Trent, DE14 1DU
Course Cost: £450 +VAT per person
Booking: Use the “Book Here” buttons to book your course.
Course Delivery: As well as the fixed dates, we also offer training at company sites where at least six persons are taking the course. Please call for further details on 01283 777 074.
Delegates Must Complete All Sessions To Complete This Course.
IOSH Managing Safely
Upcoming Course Dates:
22nd – 24th February 2021
4th – 6th May 2021
21st – 23rd June 2021
27th – 29th September 2021
22nd – 24th November 2021
The IOSH Managing Safely course qualification will cover the following topics:
- Introduction and Overview
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Control
- Understanding Responsibilities
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Common Hazards
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents
- Measuring Performance
Following successful completion of the IOSH Managing Safely course candidates will be able to:
- Understand the main guidelines and practice as set out in Health & Safety at Work Act
- Explain the component parts of a recognised safety management system such as HSG65, and OHSAS 18001
- Identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident and demonstrate the procedure for an accident investigation, recognising the human factors involved
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking for non-reporting
- Define ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’, and describe the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of a risk assessment technique and the data required for records
- Describe workplace precaution hierarchies
- Prepare and use active monitoring checklists and implement schedules for active monitoring, recording results and analysing records
- Outline relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and information sources such as the Health and Safety Executive.
Managers and supervisors in any sector and any organisation who is required to manage risk and resources within their organisation.
An IOSH ‘Managing safely’ certificate is awarded to all those who attend the course and successfully complete both the written and practical assessments.
Understanding of the course material is evaluated by means of a written assessment paper consisting of 25 multi-format questions and a practical risk assessment based project.
Delegates are responsible for submitting their assessments within the required timescales. If assessments are not submitted by this time the candidate will fail the course.