Risk Assessment Training
Course Duration: 3 hours
Course Location: Gaskell Safety, 20 Granary Wharf Business Park, Wetmore Rd, Burton-on-Trent, DE14 1DU
Course Cost: £395 +VAT for up to 12 people
(This includes exam fees, textbooks, equipment, teas and coffees)
Booking: Call 01283 777 074 to arrange a date and book for this course.
Course Delivery: As well as the fixed dates, we also offer training at company sites where at least six persons are taking the course.
Employers have a duty to provide adequate health and safety information, instruction and training and to give a good understanding of the dangers which may be encountered whilst carrying out your work.
Following successful completion of this course candidates will be able to:
- Introduce the roles of risk management
- Encourage employees to deal with risk in the workplace
- Provide a safer working environment by increasing employee awareness
This qualification will cover the following topics:
- Health and safety law
- What risk management does
- What is a risk assessment
- How to do a risk assessment
- Defining some words used
- Risk reduction
- Hierarchy of controls
- 5 steps to risk assessment
- Control measures
- Completing a risk assessment form
- The matrix
- Risk assessment isn’t just about injuries
For the successful completion of this training, candidates must complete an end of course knowledge test that measures the learning outcomes and to ensure the Objectives have been met
- The pass or fail criteria for the test is set at 60%
- HSE, other relevant codes of practice or industry card scheme criteria recommend that candidates complete a refresher of his/her Risk Assessment training every year to ensure their knowledge and/or skills are up to date.