Working In Medium Risk Confined Spaces
- Course Duration: 2 Days
- Course Location: Gaskell Safety Training Centre, Burton-on-Trent
- Course Cost: From £345 + VAT
Call for more information about our upcoming dates!
This course is for those who work in a medium risk environment and includes preparing to work
safely, entering and exiting medium risk confined spaces safely, using equipment and tools. The
aim of this unit is to reflect the national occupational standard for a medium risk related confined
space environment. This course covers both water and non-water industry areas.
- Prepare to work safely in medium risk confined spaces.
- Enter and exit a confined space safely.
- Use equipment and tools safely.
- Follow working procedures and work safely.
- Deal with emergencies.
- Understand the principles of working in medium risk confined spaces.
- Understand standard protocols for working in medium risk confined spaces
This may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and
sewer cleaning operations or where the operative is working in or near water or where a confined
space is subject to surface water flooding
This may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle
manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities, gas,
electrical and mechanical engineering and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries
Day 1 – Theory
Day 2 – Practical