Confined Space training
Course Duration: 3 hours
Course Location: Gaskell Safety, 20 Granary Wharf Business Park, Wetmore Rd, Burton-on-Trent, DE14 1DU
Course Cost: £395 +VAT for up to 12 people
(This includes exam fees, textbooks, equipment ,teas and coffees)
Booking: Call 01283 777 074 to arrange a date and book on for this course.
Course Delivery: All courses can be held at Gaskell Safety training facilities or at your premises.
The Purpose of training delivered against this standard is to provide candidates with a good understanding of the requirements of working safely in confined spaces.
Following successful completion of this course candidates will be able to:
- A knowledge of the law applicable to confined spaces.
- The hazards likely to be encountered in confined spaces
- The control measures required to reduce the risks of injury or ill health in a confined space
- The safety equipment used prior to entry, during entry and working in a confined space
- The emergency procedures to be used in confined space accidents .
This qualification will cover the following topics:
- The hazards associated with entry into confined spaces.
- The legal duties of employers, self-employed persons and employees regarding confined spaces
- The control measures required to ensure that work in confined spaces can be carried out safely and without risk to health.
- For the successful completion of this training, candidates must complete an end of course knowledge test that measures the learning outcomes and to ensure the Objectives have been met.
- The pass or fail criteria for the assessment and test is set at 70%
- Recommended Refreshers: HSE, other relevant codes of practice or industry card scheme criteria recommend that the candidate completes a refresher of Confined Space training every year to ensure their knowledge and/or skills are up to date.
Who Should Attend?
This Confined space training is designed for all persons working in confined spaces in their jobs.